Got some good docs for the maximum Convergence Delay of a Routing Update For Static, RIP, OSPF, EIGRP, ISIS and BGP.
Br/> Using the below described convergence points the theoretical maximum propagation delay of a routing update can be calculated from one VPN site to another VPN site (CE router to CE router).
- The convergence points are taken as T1_max, T2_max, T3_max, T4_max till T8_Max
- As per the convergence points the maximum theoretical convergence times are calculated for various protocols like RIPv2, EIGRP, OSPF, ISIS, BGP and static routes.
- The total convergence time taken for a static route is 25 seconds
- The maximum convergence time for RIP approximately 85 seconds for new routes, 25 seconds for serial links and 265 seconds in case of route flap.
- For EIGRP the convergence timer is much faster and is around 25 seconds.
- The convergence time increases slightly to 35 seconds in case of OSPF
- For ISIS the maximum theoretical convergence value is same as OSPF approximately 35 seconds.
- The convergence value increases to 85 seconds in case of BGP.